39 1/2 Slogans To Raise Children By
Grandma Was Right! is a guide and reference book for today's busy parents who are doing the world's most difficult job, all too often without the assistance of that wonderful repository of wisdom and warmth from generations past: grandma.
Experienced parents know that slogans, repeated often, can help instill wholesome character traits in children, leading them toward developing into happy, successful people. That's where Grandma Was Right! comes in.
Each of the 39 1/2 chapters begins with a tried-and-true saying. Supportive stories and examples explain each of the sayings and the contexts in which they may be appropriate. When "Julie" is feeling sorry for herself or "Christopher" is demanding his own way, just look up the attitude problem in the Index of Challenges. Instant grandma! She will tell you not only what to do, but also how to do it in the most painless, loving and effective way.
1. I Think I Can
2. "Everybody's Doing It" Doesn't Make It Right
3. Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated
4. Forgiveness is The Best Revenge
5. Is It A Problem, Or An Unsolved Opportunity?
6. Pfft Pfft Pfft Pfft
7. Because I Say So!
8. Don't Sweat The Small Stuff
9. I Need Some TLC
10. Put A Little Love In It
11. Many Hands Make Light Work
12. Life By The Yard Is Hard, Life By The Inch Is A Cinch
13. You Don't Need A Friend Like That
14. A Hundred Years From Now, You'll Never Know The Difference
15. There's So Much Good In The Worst of Us And So Much Bad In The Best Of Us It Hardly Behooves Any Of Us To Talk About The Rest Of Us
16. Are You Smiling?
17. Everything Looks Better After A Good Night's Sleep
18. Service Is The Rent You Pay For The Space You Occupy
19. For Pity's Sake, Have Fun!
20. Sometimes Doing Right Gets You Into Trouble
21. Don't Cut Off Your Nose To Spite Your Face
22. They're Not Running A Popularity Contest
23. Cooperate With The Inevitable
24. Don't Be A Hole In The Donut Person
25. Go The Extra Mile
26. Haste Makes Waste
27. It Pays To Communicate
28. I Expect You To Be Part Of The Solution, Not Part Of The Problem
29. Satan Will Find Some Mischief Yet For Idle Hands To Do
30. A Soft Answer Turns Away Wrath
31. If You Can't Say Something Nice--Don't Say Anything
32. Don't Look At Me--I Didn't Raise Him
33. Give Them The Benefit Of The Doubt
35. Worry Is Like A Rocking Chair--It Gives You Something To Do But It Doesn't Get You Anywhere
36. Pretty Is As Pretty Does, May You Always Be Beautiful
37. Don't Be His Robot
38. People Are More Important Than Things
39. An Ounce of Prevention...
40. I Love You
Index of Challenges
"This book contains valuable information for all ages to reinforce some of the core values that will emphasize appropriate behavior."
- Allan McDonald, Principal, Snow Elementary School, Dearborn, Michigan
"Grandma's recipe for raising good kids combines the art of love and understanding with the creative skills of good parenting. Grandma Was Right! should be on the bookshelf of every home."
- Charles L. Scott, Board Member, Dayton Board of Education, Dayton, Ohio
"A great book for Grandma to give to a new mom! Packed with years of wisdom and wonderful stores, the author writes how words of wisdom like, "You don't need Friends like that," and "Haste Makes Waste," can be applied to today's world. Her grandchildren have added delightful pictures that go along with each slogan. A wonderful book to help you teach your children to love others and have respect for life. Love it!"
- Country Cottage Penpals, Marquette, Michigan
Our Commitment to You
At Quick Publishing we are committed to providing quality educational, inspirational, and entertaining materials that will help the reader to achieve educational or personal goals. To learn more about our company, click here.